[Baypiggies] ADMIN: Re: Job posting policy

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Wed Mar 22 18:17:38 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> At 02:53 PM 3/21/2006, Aahz wrote:
> >we permit job ads as a courtesy to list
> >subscribers.  The rules that we have are designed to ensure that we get
> >a minimum of job ads that are maximally applicable to the list.
>
> While we are maximizing here, maybe we can control these announcements in
> the meetings themselves.
>
> In the last meeting, I think there were 4-some job announcements taking
> about 15 minutes at the start.  ... hard to say how much time exactly
> because job announcements were mixed with about 30 minutes of announcements
> to get started.
>
> There were about 50 people in the meeting.  When I noted who was talking to
> people making job announcements after the meeting, there seemed to be 1-2,
> a poor use for 15 minutes of everyone's time.

While we are complaining about a poor use of time at the meeting, I
gently suggest that meticulously starting on time would be a polite
and constructive thing.

I went to the meeting, knowing I'd have to leave at 8:30, but it
wasn't really worth it when it started so late.

Thanks for listening.

Marilyn Davis