[Baypiggies] April agenda?

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Mar 31 18:50:37 CEST 2006

At 06:36 AM 3/31/2006, Aahz wrote:
>Either an experienced programmer would help a newbie with zir
>work or the newbie would work on something with the experienced
>programmer.

Either/or?  I think I have some understanding of some aspects of Python
programming (Regular expressions, various internet standards, Windows
interface).  But I would have to be walked through pair programming rules
and commonly used source control (I rolled my own).  Since I am using
Windows and work on my own, I am expert/novice at different things than
some others.

Bringing my notebook for live experimentation would be a barrier. I
normally do a backup before I travel and usually need to change TCP/IP and
security settings if I connect outside my own network.  Ironport is a long
drive to just show up and see what happens so I am likely to pass on this
meeting topic.

>[1] http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/pair.html
>[2] http://www.extremeprogramming.org/
>[3] http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/testfirst.html

I have not read this but it sounds like there is enough material here for a
standard presentation.  I would like to see a real presentation.

Aahz, I would be willing to split the meeting with you/someone.  I could
put together a 45 minute regular expression tutorial.  I could include
interfacing to Windows via ctypes material to fill out an entire
meeting.  Later this year, I may have something interesting to say on
http/https programming (especially https debug) but it is too early now ...

Regards, Dennis