[Baypiggies] April agenda?

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Fri Mar 31 20:30:37 CEST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Tony C wrote:

> I think trying to cover too much ground in one evening makes for haste.

I agree.

A sprint experience sounds fun.  I've never done one.  But, if people
are collaborating over laptops over a network, and collaborating over
specs and code, I can't imagine that a half hour could be a satisfying
experience.  But, like I said, I've never done one so I don't know.

> A possible alternative is to have the sprint session for the entire meeting.
>
> Then at an upcoming meeting, go in depth into ID'Es instead of 5 minutes.
> Some IDE's will require more in-depth coverage than is usefull in 5 minutes.
> I'm sure each one will invoke many questions, which makes that
> presentation run longer.
> (consider discussing out-of-process debugging with an IDE, as well as
> other signifcant features of that same IDE in 5 minutes. Why bother?)

This sounds like a good plan to me.  I'd like to see some slightly
deep info about some IDE's.

> On 3/31/06, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/31/06, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> > > READ THIS FIRST: two weeks is a relatively short setup time for what I'm
> > > proposing.  If someone is prepared to do a presentation or has a better
> > > idea for the meeting, please post NOW.

Re-reading this "READ THIS FIRST", in depth IDE's could come first *if*
we find enough people to give presentations by then: 6?

Here was the original IDE list, (from private mail!) and, as as far as
I can remember, the list of solid volunteers:
                                                     Volunteer
> >> ActiveState -> ?
> >> Komodo -> ?
> >> Wing IDE -> ?
> >> jEdit -> Ilia?
> >> Boa Constructor -> anyone? (Drew maybe?)
> >> BlackAdder -> ?
> >> PyDev(Eclipse) -> ?
> >> SPE -> ?
> >> PyDev -> ?
> >> Eric3 -> ?
> >> plain old IDLE -> ?
> >> plain old emacs -> ?                            Marilyn
> >> plain old vi (+ctags) -> Keith or Aahz?         JJ
> >> Jimmy you use Scite + enhancements don't you?

Newbie questions could fall out of either activity.

Marilyn