[Baypiggies] Job Opening for Python & Java Developers at Well Funded Music Company

Amy Bazlen abazlen at pandora.com
Wed May 3 22:08:00 CEST 2006

Please email resume to abazlen at pandora.com.

Pandora (www.pandora.com <http://www.pandora.com/> ) is a well-funded,
consumer-oriented start-up that is revolutionizing the way music lovers
discover new music.  Pandora's music discovery service is designed to help
you find and enjoy music that you'll love. It's powered by the Music Genome
Project, the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken.

Headquartered in Oakland near BART, Pandora's service is garnering frequent
press in print and on the Internet, helping to drive the aggressive growth
of our registered user base. Click here to read some recent articles about
Pandora:  <blocked::blocked::http://blog.pandora.com/press/>
http://blog.pandora.com/press/.

We're expanding our Development team. Below is a description of the type of
skillset we are seeking. As you can see, Python/Jython is used in our
development, as well as Java.  So, if the idea of using Python as well as
Java in your next role interests you, please send your resume!

We are staring down the 2006 hiring pipeline with 10+ Dev openings, so there
are multiple levels of seniority needed.

Senior Software Engineer - Web Developer

Pandora Media is looking for a very knowledgeable Web Developer with
significant experience designing and building killer consumer web
applications . You should have a deep understanding of browser compatibility
issues, web view technologies and knowledge of SQL. You must be capable of
managing your time well and working efficiently without close supervision.
You place a high value on automated testing and have experience using test
frameworks such as JUnit to test your work. Excellent communication skills,
both written and verbal, are required.

As a member of our engineering team, you will participate in design
decisions and help create the company's core software assets. You will be
expected to come up to speed quickly on difficult problems, become a
significant contributor to a hard-working team, and to take pride in your
work. We have high expectations, and are looking for seasoned engineers with
experience in a wide range of areas. This is not an entry-level position.
The position is located in our Oakland, CA office.

Requirements

- Minimum 5 years experience developing consumer web applications.

- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java

- In depth knowledge of web view technologies such as JSP, Velocity.

- Experience with MVC technologies

- Expert level experience working with Apache, Jetty or Tomcat.

- Experience working with back end databases, using SQL.

- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

Plus Requirements

- Technically strong using any of the following: Hibernate, PostgreSQL,
XML-RPC, Python/Jython, Perl, Flash, OpenLaszlo, Ajax.

- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers.

- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.

Core Technologies:. JSP, Velocity, Jetty, Java, Python/Jython, Apache,
distributed systems.