[Baypiggies] Python Job posting- still allowed ?

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Thu May 11 11:15:34 CEST 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Doug Landauer wrote:

>> Think about how much easier it would have been to post this initially

> Think about how much less of a bother to the rest of us

You speak for "the rest of us"? (Sounds like an Apple marketing promo...)

> it would have been for you to try exactly that question ("What is the policy on
> baypiggies.net?") on Google first.  Or after Aahz hinted towards its
> location.

But, but, but....

it was asked on an email list!  The _point_ of an email list is, I think, to exchange information via (gulp!) email!

It's a simple courtesy, especially for those of us who read this group on our mobile phones.

I am thankful that Aahz posted _something_, tho.  Much better than nothing.

And URLs are transitory; 404s and whatnot happen all the time.  Email is better for this sort of thing.

You might not agree with me, but look at it this way:  If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.

>> There is enough noise on this list so that, for example, a company
>>,,,
> That might have been true for April 2006.  I recall no other month with

I don't think you understood my meta-point.  Please email privately if you're still interested.

>> ... Maybe we should make a policy that you can't post to the list
>> unless you attend at least half the meetings in a given 12-month
>> period?  Just a thought...).

> -9

Yes, I should have put in the ;-)  but I hoped it was obvious.

http://tinyurl.com/pu9rv

I assume, Doug, that you won't be coming to the Thursday meeting?  ;-)  (But you still want to be able to post to the list? ...)

>  -- Doug L.

Mike