[Baypiggies] Python Job posting- still allowed ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 11 16:58:53 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006, Mike Cheponis wrote:

> But, but, but....
>
> it was asked on an email list!  The _point_ of an email list is, I
> think, to exchange information via (gulp!) email!
>
> It's a simple courtesy, especially for those of us who read this group
> on our mobile phones.
>
> I am thankful that Aahz posted _something_, tho.  Much better than
> nothing.
>
> And URLs are transitory; 404s and whatnot happen all the time.  Email
> is better for this sort of thing.

You'll note that I did not actually post an URL.  I referenced the
BayPIGgies web site, which I think can reasonably be expected to hold the
job posting policy, precisely because e-mail lists are transitory.  I
didn't even look up the URL, quite frankly.  I'm busy, and I think that
policy questions are best answered by going to the web site; I figured
that if I did that, people might remember that for the future when they
wanted to post an ad.  Obviously, we could start posting a FAQ to the
list weekly, but I think that would just add clutter: the kind of people
who won't visit the web site won't read the list FAQ, either.

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."  --Richard Bach