[Baypiggies] [OT] IronPort Blacklists Google

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Thu May 11 23:26:26 CEST 2006

I noticed that my mailserver was rejecting some incoming messages from
gmail users, and then realized that IronPort may be involved in the
blocking:

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=66.249.92.169

At the time of this posting, I get a page that says:

66.249.92.169 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)
[snip]

If you are the administrator of ug-out-1314.google.com and you are sure
it will not be the subject of any more reports of spam, you may cause
the system to be delisted without waiting for us to review the issue.

[snip]
In the past 29.9 days, it has been listed 7 times for a total of 3.3 days
Other hosts in this "neighborhood" with spam reports
66.249.92.168 66.249.92.170 66.249.92.171 66.249.92.172 66.249.92.173
66.249.92.174 66.249.92.175
[snip]
Copyright (C) 1998-2005, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved
[snip]

I only post this here because I thought it interesting that there is
another connection, besides meeting locations, between the two
companies. Sorry if it is considered clutter by some.

I presume that someone malicious is submitting gmail addresses to cause
trouble, not that IronPort or Google are at direct fault.

--
Paul McNett
http://paulmcnett.com