[Baypiggies] ctypes presentation material online

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri May 12 21:14:08 CEST 2006

At 11:48 AM 5/12/2006, you wrote:
>What about C for this?  I mean since you're looking for a ready-to-run
>and you have to deal with typing and be careful about memory anyway?
>I guess that's a huge learning curve if you don't know it already.

The phase of the program I discussed was in the initialization, where there
are no real reasons to choose Python over C.

I have written and still use my own native exe compiler for my own PLD2
language (another l-o-ng talk?).  Suffice it to say, learning curve for a
compiled program is not a problem.  Memory is not an issue since PLD2
memory is laid out statically.

I could do C and have done some modest coding with it.  It is impossible to
program for Windows without being able to constantly read C.  I am not fond
of the typing.  Over 95% of types are 32 bit integers.  More than once, the
correct response to a type error is to cast the type (i.e. ignore).

I could use typing in ctypes but I didn't so I don't have to deal with typing.