[Baypiggies] Splitting the list

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Sat May 13 01:06:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'll be happy to host the other lists on my servers if that's a problem.

Also, at the meeting last night, Stephen's excellent synopsis of membership, it is clear this group is growing exponentially.

That would seem to suggest that historical trends will not be especially relevant.

-Mike

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Aahz wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:20:18 -0700
> From: Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com>
> To: baypiggies at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] Splitting the list
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

>> +1 to the idea of baypiggies-announce, baypiggies-discussion, and
>> baypiggies-jobs.

> I really don't have time for this, but since I'm getting bugged in
> private e-mail, I think it is still premature to create new lists.
> Historically, the baypiggies list gets a handful of posts per week, and
> the overhead of managing multiple lists IMO isn't worth it (both for
> individual people and for the list admins).
>
> Side note: I find it interesting that people are more interested in
> debating subjects like this than in responding to two separate
> suggestions for the June meeting.

Wouldn't this be better if we had -discuss  and -announce?

-announce could contain suggestions for future meetings, so perhaps it's -meetings ?

So maybe there are 4 lists:  -announce -meetings -discuss -jobs