[Baypiggies] Splitting the list

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat May 13 02:52:56 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006, Mike Cheponis wrote:

> I'll be happy to host the other lists on my servers if that's a problem.

The lists are hosted on python.org -- the issue is more about the
bandwidth of administration, plus the bandwidth for individual people of
tracking multiple mailing lists.  Over the years, I've seen many
complaints about splitting (in other contexts), often after the fact.

> Also, at the meeting last night, Stephen's excellent synopsis of
> membership, it is clear this group is growing exponentially.

The group may be, but list traffic does not necessarily track group size.
So far, aside from long threads from people wanting to change things,
there really has not been a significant increase in traffic.

But, hey, some people have suggested that people who don't go to
meetings shouldn't have a say, so maybe it's time that I just let the
people who want to change things do it all their way.

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."  --Richard Bach