[Baypiggies] DNS

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Sun May 21 22:34:35 CEST 2006

The domain name changes have propagated.

Rick Moen has volunteered to continue providing slave DNS service for us in
the linuxmafia.com domain.  Unfortunately, that is not possible at this
time.  The current registrar has a brain-dead piece of coding where they
will not recognize their default name servers as legal DNS servers for
purposes of making additions.

Perhaps there is a workaround (get them to fix, assign all names
explicitly, make potion using bat wings, etc.).  ... but I intend to change
registrars anyway (better control panel, really excellent tech/cust
service, and, ahem, much less expensive).

The most convenient time to change registrars is very shortly after a
meeting so that people wanting to find out meeting info are not
inconvenienced.  Our next regular meeting is June 8.  I plan to start the
registrar transfer June 9.  I plan to add linuxmafia.com back as a slave
DNS at the time I move to new registrar.

In this DNS change, the following machines have been removed as nameservers:

	NS2.BAYPIGGIES.NET  198.144.195.190
    	NS2.WEBL.COM        66.239.72.24
        NS1.WEBL.COM       71.2.114.159

for security and configuration reasons.  Unless I hear reasons to the
contrary, I will not add them back.