[Baypiggies] Searching 4: Python Developer

Jessie Garrehy jessie at 41414.com
Tue Sep 12 00:45:16 CEST 2006

Python Developer/Software Developer

Company: Limbo, Inc. (www.41414.com)
Location: Burlingame, CA (USA)
Contact: jessie at 41414.com

BACKGROUND
Limbo is a company that creates & markets mobile services that enhance
consumers' lives.

Our first product is the Limbo Auction; simply put, a Limbo Auction is a
hybrid of a game and an auction that you play on your mobile phone. The
winner of a Limbo Auction is the person making the lowest unique bid. With a
Limbo Auction somebody wins, but nobody loses; each bid receives loot, and
this loot can be redeemed for kewl stuff in our store.

THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic python developer who will
work in our development team to bring out new exciting and fun mobile
applications for our users. You ideally have experience with python
development for the consumer entertainment, web merchandising and mobile
phone industry.

RESPONSIBILITIES
. Be a key member of a small application development team
. Work with the technical operations team to test, integrate and deploy the
mobile applications into a high-available production environment
. Help the team meet aggressive campaign launch timelines

QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
. Must be eligible to work in the United States and onsite in our Burlingame
offices
. 3+ years post degree experience in software development
. Experience with Python and J2EE/J2SE technologies

. Knowledge of SQL (Oracle preferred), including experience with queries,
table creation, stored procedures/triggers, etc.
. Experience developing for mission-critical, high-available, high-traffic
web sites
. Experience with content management, source code management, revision
tracking, test cases, etc.
. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. People skills are as
critical as technical skills for this position.
. Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a team
. Enthusiastic user of a mobile phone
. Sense of humor