[Baypiggies] dispatching events

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:45:41 CEST 2007

Dear "More Effective Google",

I'm looking for an event dispatch system, also known as a signal slots
library.  I need for my model to announce to the view when things have
happened.  I seem to remember Drew mentioning "py signals" or
something like that years ago, but now I can't remember.  What's the
best thing?

I'm tempted to use
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/439356, but
I'm reluctant to use any code that has "except: pass" in it.

It has to be quick and simple.  It's for PyWeek, which ends tomorrow ;)

Thanks,
-jj

--
"'Software Engineering' is something of an oxymoron.  It's very
difficult to have real engineering before you have physics, and there