[Baypiggies] captchas

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 11 16:45:14 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

> Anyone have any advice on captchas?  I need to use one to protect
> account creation.  This is in addition to email verification.

What is your goal?  Why not simply present a question with a text field
to answer it?  (Which would make your site accessible to blind people and
people who use text browsers.)

I had a recent experience with a captcha that totally pissed me off: I
couldn't even read the damn thing, the colors were too close together.

Help a hearing-impaired person: http://rule6.info/hearing.html