[Baypiggies] urllib.urlencode and encoding

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:25:51 CEST 2007

I noticed that urllib.urlencode does the right thing (i.e. it uses
%xx) if you .encode('utf-8') the parameters first.  I'm wondering if
it makes sense for urllib.urlencode to automatically encode Unicode
objects in this case.  I haven't had much luck getting changes into
Python, so I was going to solicit comments here first.

"'Software Engineering' is something of an oxymoron.  It's very
difficult to have real engineering before you have physics, and there
isn't anything even close to a physics for software." -- L. Peter