[Baypiggies] urllib.urlencode and encoding

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:25:51 CEST 2007

I noticed that urllib.urlencode does the right thing (i.e. it uses
%xx) if you .encode('utf-8') the parameters first.  I'm wondering if
it makes sense for urllib.urlencode to automatically encode Unicode
objects in this case.  I haven't had much luck getting changes into
Python, so I was going to solicit comments here first.

Thanks,
-jj

--
"'Software Engineering' is something of an oxymoron.  It's very
difficult to have real engineering before you have physics, and there