[Baypiggies] newbies night newbies

Lee Hinde leearchive at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:05:04 CEST 2007

On 4/22/07, Stephen McInerney <spmcinerney at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This was precisely why I was suggesting we include in the talk abstract
> something like
> Level: Beginner/Intermediate/Expert/Familiar with other OO languages but not
> Python
>
> based on prior experience.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen
>
> >Very good points indeed, and if we can indeed communicate that this "newbie
> >night" is suitable for people who already do have coding experience in
> >other
> >languages (not for newbies _to programming_), I think that may be
> >sufficient.

As a target newbie....

Assign the Google presentation as a pre-meeting self-study ( :-) ).
and then what I'd really like to see is a walk through of a 'simple'
complex app. I.e., just a few files, but something that touches how to
call a module and package and what the 'ell are all those __word__  methods I
see.  (I know, slide 34).

And maybe a bit on best practices so I start off on the right foot.