[Baypiggies] VMware Seeking Python Engineer

Hayley Charnaw (c) hcharnaw at vmware.com
Mon Apr 23 21:50:39 CEST 2007

Software Engineer - ESX Installation and Deployment

Location: Palo Alto, CA

This R&D position resides in our Core Technologies Group and will be a part
of our Console Operating System and Applications team. The engineer in this
role will gain exposure to many parts of our core OS and our applications. As
a result of this exposure, he/she will interface with many groups in and
outside of R&D.

Responsibilities:
This position's primary role is in the design and implementation of software
for ESX installation, deployment and distribution. Work will involve
interaction with product management and will require work with releases of
new operating system versions, driver updates, and building Red Hat Package
Management (RPM) packages. Most of the coding will be in done in Python with
some limited use of Perl and C.

Requirements:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Fluent in the use of Python and other scripting languages.
Experienced in Linux administration and configuration.
Experience with RPM's.
Experience building a Linux distribution or Linux rescue disk is preferred
C and C++ programming is desirable.
Experience with GTK or Glade a plus.
Experience with YUM a plus.

Interested parties please contact Hayley Charnaw hcharnaw at vmware.com