[Baypiggies] possible to video record the Python talk this week?

Russell Whitaker whitaker at google.com
Wed Aug 8 06:49:03 CEST 2007

On 8/7/07, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/07, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:
> > Would it be possible to make a video recording of the talk at the
> > meeting this week?
> >
> > Is there a social infrastructure to get this accomplished easily?
> > Perhaps Google has employees or consultants who video record things?
> > (Perhaps they are the ones who record the SVWebGuild meetings that are
> > held at Google? Maybe it would only take a phone call or email to
> > request this?)
> >
> > Is there someone in BayPiggies who could request & arrange for this
> > meeting to be recorded?
> >
> > I think having the meetings recorded would be a great service to the
> > Python community.
> >
> > Thanks. :)
>
> Many of the meetings are recorded by Googlers.  For instance, here's mine :)
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1870073927412058193&q=programmer+productivity
>
> There are secret Google agents everywhere, and they've infested this
> mailing list!  They might be listening to everything you say!  I think
> that by default, they record anything they think is going to be
> considered interesting by other Googlers.

Uh, yeah, that's pretty much correct.  I for one volunteered my time to
record this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-540262696706523167

In answer to "john_re" (john regex?), this service is provided by those
of us who can take time to do the work, which involves preparation,
onsite filming, and (usually) lots of followup.  If you can find someone
willing to do so, you're golden.  We help when we can.

By the way, I did a Python tech talk in Ann Arbor last week:

http://srtsolutions.com/blogs/diannemarsh/archive/2007/08/06/russell-whitaker-test-driven-development-in-python-a-quick-start-approach-review-recap.aspx

If I were in town next month - and not moved to New York - I've give the
same talk at BayPIGgies.  I'll make sure the next one I do gets put up
on Google Video.

--
Russell Whitaker
Google Inc.