[Baypiggies] update the meeting description please?

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:53:55 CEST 2007

OK I was wobbling on that light green anyway.. (so I'll change that
because it is way too light....will also change the page titles to a
smaller size..it's at 300% 0r 36.25 pixels now! ) this is not "my"
design but a  Plone skin product I dropped in because I felt it would
be a good look & feel for the group..

I'll make adjustments.. .I was thinking about using "events" for
meeting announcements... and that usually puts up a "portlet" on the
right side..but I can install a calendar product.. and put "event
calendar" in the horizontal nav..  AND I'll add the announcement for
current meeting on homepage.. the less static the better.. we can add
"events" on the home page and have them expire the day after the
meeting and have the new meeting show up the day after.. I really
think we should shoot for planning two months in advance...

I can remove news & events from the top navigation.. can we think of
other products we'd like to use.. like blogging, forums, etc..someone
had mentioned a "sign-up" product?? I can drop those in... as well..

If you are a former speaker.. or future speaker for that matter.. feel
free to login and utilize the file sharing capabilities.. once you are
logged in if you click on My Folder and then the "add item" drop down
... experiment with the types of content you can add ... for example..
if you go to your folder (my folder).. and add an "event" from the
"add item" drop down..then go to the "state" (next to add item) and
click publish it adds the event to the calendar. so all members will
have the ability to add to the calendar... I dont' think we should get
rid of events.. though the calendar portlet can go away.. or we can
add a calendar Plone product.. events allows you to use iCal and vCal
to add events to your personal calendar..

I'll hold another Plone session Tuesday the 14th... 7pm.. I'll
probably use something like Yugma (so Linux/Mac users can participate)
I'll send details in the next couple days.. we do have a couple other
people who attended the last session and we have some other Plone type
people on the list as well.. I'll clean the skin/theme up.. install a
couple products.. and make the requested changes... and we should be
good to go.. we'd be fine with cutting over.. except the light green
font.. at any point..but let's shoot for Friday...

Thanks for all the input.. that's what I was looking for...

Donna
p.s. Tony.. the css for the site changed.. which is why your reviews
look different.. let me know what you want.. and I'll css the changes
for you..