[Baypiggies] [Python-tutor] Python-related Bookpool/Addison-Wesley, Prentice-Hall sale

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:42:12 CEST 2007

[Forwarding this very useful mail from python-tutor list.
Tony - do we get any review copies from Addison-Wesley? - Stephen]

>From: Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>
>To: Tutor at python.org
>Subject: [Tutor] Bookpool sale on Addison Wesley

Bookpool is having a sale on all books from Addison-Wesley and Prentice
Hall. In my opinion these are two of the best publishers for top-notch
computer titles.

A few Python books on sale:
Core Python Programming $27.25

Rapid Web Applications with TurboGears $24.50

Some recommended non-Python books:
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software $32.95

Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code

Agile Software Development Principles, Patterns, and Practices

Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change, 2nd Edition
and all the other books in this series

These are just a few personal favorites, there are many more excellent
books on sale.