[Baypiggies] OLPC hacking this weekend...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:55:22 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 9:45 AM, Charles Merriam <charles.merriam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just received my OLPC in the mail.  I expect others also have.  I'm
> considering hosting people at my house in Saratoga, California this
> weekend to hack on it.  I'm assuming we will spend half our time
> getting development tools up and running and half the time mucking
> with the Sugar interface.
>
> Is anyone interested?  Saturday or Sunday work?  First day to get
> three RSVPs gets it.

I'm in. I'll bring the B4 that Google loaned me. Saturday morning? I
have a commitment to attend the Linux Cabal at 4 pm.

Heather Stern and I have an idea for a Sugar factory. We have the
Python code for Sugarizing two non-Python activities, one quite
minimal (SimCity), and one that we are told is complete (Etoys). See
Sugarizing on the laptop Wiki.

OLPC needs a developer manual. See
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Programming_for_Children. Everybody is
welcome to join in the process.