[Baypiggies] February Meeting Thursday, the Eighth 7:30 PM to 9:00

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Feb 3 18:32:37 CET 2007

BayPIGgies February Meeting

Thursday February 8, 2007

7:30 to 8:50 PM  Technical Program

7:30 moving chairs, greetings,

7:35
speaker: Dennis Reinhardt
organization: DAIR Computer Systems
materials URL (after presentation): http://www.spamai.com/present/
project URL: http://www.dialogdevil.com

Title: Three Generations of User Interface
Abstract:  I have implemented DialogDevil via three different user
interfaces: (1) direct to Windows API via ctypes (2) wxPython, and (3)
separate embedded html-based process.  The pros and cons of each
approach from a developer's perspective will be discussed using metrics
such as memory footprint, download size, flexibility, robustness, and
visual styling.

8:00
Speaker: Drew Perttula
Bio: In past Baypiggies meetings, Drew has presented a video editor, an
intro to pyrex, and a theater lighting control system. Currently, he
spends most of his time working on films with ogres and princesses and
on a web game startup.

Title: Visualizing python profile results
Abstract: I'll present a simple development tool that reads results
from the python profiler and renders them into a web page. The page
uses colored bars and tinted table cells to highlight additional
information about the profile results.

8:25
Speaker: Ken Seehart
Title: Introduction to wxPython