[Baypiggies] Discussion for newbies/beginner night talks

Chad Netzer chad.netzer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:14:34 CET 2007

Keep it coming everyone!  What a fun thread.  I'm going to try to put
together some TeX slides gathering these examples together this
weekend, and host it on my website for some collaborative feedback.
But with all these suggestions, ranked from beginner to more advanced,
we have the beginnings of a "newbie" talk with a Q&A format, I think.

Thanks to all who have weighed in so far.  Are there any lurking
beginners out there who have specific issues they want addressed?

Chip, you brought up certain idioms that Perl programmers should
unlearn when moving to Python.  Do you have any specific examples?
Are there any Java programmers that took up Python, who have specific
suggestions about making the transition?

Chad