[Baypiggies] Pycon 2008 Bid Status

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Feb 16 22:14:40 CET 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007, Alvin Wang wrote:

> The decision will be made at Pycon.  It is a 2 year bid.
>
> If the bid is accepted, Pycon will be signing the contract.  It also
> has a core of volunteers to work on the conference.  Personally, I am
> planning on focusing on increasing local attendance by working with
> other local user groups and finding SV speakers.  Hopefully, there
> will be a lot of interest from Baypiggies in helping out.  I already
> have a list of several volunteers.

Just to clarify, it will be the PSF signing the bid.  I'm not sure how
much additional time I'll have available for a local PyCon, but I've been
involved with every PyCon so far and have been to two of them.  I'll also
have some experience with the San Mateo Marriott this coming May/July
(Baycon and Westercon will be there).

Sure would be nice to win this!

"I disrespectfully agree."  --SJM