[Baypiggies] New List Admin? (was Re: Fwd: Request to mailing list Baypiggies rejected)

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Thu Jan 11 01:19:58 CET 2007

<rant>

I propose we remove Aahz from running the BayPiggies list.

I think this is good timing, as we also have a new Program Chair.

Anybody else agree?  Clean house in 2007?

I'm sure Mr. Aahz is a fine, upstanding gentleman, but I've -never- seen him at a meeting, so I don't think he's really particularly interested in this group, except as he can exert power over all of us by capricious decisions.  (the PROPER response to this current brouahah would have been to send Russell PRIVATE email, asking him to re-submit, citing the reasons given.  Or to let it through.)

Now, I could be talked into calming down and realizing this was just a bonehead move by a novice email admin, and give the guy a break.

And, if I recall correctly, a different list member called for a new admin for this list a few months ago...

(Lastly, it is a _really_ bad idea to piss off Russell, a true Python devotee, due to some guy who never shows up at meetings.)

</rant>

-Mike