[Baypiggies] New List Admin? (was Re: Fwd: Request to mailing list Baypiggies rejected)

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Jan 11 02:45:41 CET 2007

At 04:19 PM 1/10/2007, Mike Cheponis wrote:
>I propose we remove Aahz from running the BayPiggies list.
>I think this is good timing, as we also have a new Program Chair.

As the outgoing Program Chair, I have had to make sometimes arbitrary,
idiosyncratic decisions.  I know not everyone agreed with them.  Tough.

Our list administrator must also make decisions.

By rotating our positions we benefit in that progress can be made.  Over
this last year, I have taken our meetings in some directions and avoided
others.  With my year over, others can assess what was valuable and keep
that, discarding what was not valuable.  Were I to stay on for another
year, I would not change the format because I am comfortable with it.  No
progress.

I think we would all be well served with an ordered transition to a new
list admin so that the "love" can be shared.  I am not just saying this but
have so acted in the position I do hold.

Regards, Dennis