[Baypiggies] please register on the wiki

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Fri Jan 12 23:32:03 CET 2007

Stephen McInerney wrote:
> What is the solution: more webmasters? giving Leslie (+others) edit access
> to the website?
> Can we integrate the wiki more closely with the website?

Why even have the wiki? Use plone to make a member-addable list of
registrants against a table of upcoming dates. Better yet, set up tables
for:

members
events
member_events

On an honor system people can check/uncheck their own registrations.

For the upcoming talk info, let all members edit the information so
whoever is inclined to do so will do it. Perhaps this is the person
organizing the particular meeting, or perhaps it is someone that notices
it hasn't been done.

Put an appropriate level of spam guarding in place, but mostly trust
people on the honor system, in the spirit of a wiki.

Either that or just make BayPIGgies.net one big wiki.

--
pkm ~ http://paulmcnett.com