[Baypiggies] Is it problematic to embed python in a Qt C++ app?

craig harris craigwharris at comcast.net
Mon Jan 15 02:49:08 CET 2007

HI all,
I have a C++ Qt based app and am creating a text API for its functions.  It would work as follows:  A Qt command console would allow users to type in text. Then that text would be parsed by python.  The python would wrap C++ functions and execute them.
Before I try to do this, I was wondering if anyone had advice 'against' or 'for' this approach? Is it problematic?

I guesss another way of asking: can you simaltaneously embed python in C++ and C++ in python?

Thanks,
Craig