[Baypiggies] Is it problematic to embed python in a Qt C++ app?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:18:15 CET 2007

Do any of you remember Jimmy Retzlaff's presentation (at Stanford) on the
python/wxPython app he wrote for his brother's company?

There is quite a bit of fast graphics manipulation going on in that app, and
it was all written in Python ( Jimmy, correct me if I'm wrong). He had even
illustrated the fact that earlier cuts of the program were prohibitively
slow, until he optimized the critical areas.

Drew Pertulla's video clip organizer app (sorry, I forgot the name of it),
is another fine example of Python not being the bottleneck in a
high-performance situation.

It would be great is examples like these would proliferate to help disspell
the myth that Python is too slow for serious development.