[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Wed Jan 24 23:55:13 CET 2007

At 12:05 PM 1/24/2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>In fact, it would be used only
>for baypiggies meeting announcements

0.  What about request for speakers?  I think there are official
communications which should go to everybody.  See below for what I think is
a better plan.  I plan to subscribe to entire list so this is a zero for me.

>and perhaps announcements for
>other Python-related meetings.

-1 Many Python-related meetings are quasi-commercial.

>I'd also like to see mail from the baypiggies-announce mailing list
>automatically forwarded to the baypiggies list so that people only
>have to subscribe to one or the other; it can be burdensome to have to
>subscribe to too many lists.
>
>* An optional alternate idea.

Since people making postings would have to subscribe to an alternate list
to post, just keep the current single list and have posters put [ANN] in
the subject line for announcements.  Subscribers can filter or not filter
as they see fit.

Do nothing is another viable alternative because there will inevitably be
subject line or list posting mistakes.

Regards, Dennis