[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jan 26 03:04:54 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

> baypiggies-jobs would contain:
>   * Python job postings.  The requirements would be a bit looser.
> That is, recruiters would be allowed.  Jobs outside the Bay Area would
> be allowed if relocation expenses were included or if the work could
> be done from the Bay Area.

If you loosen the requirements, you'll need to make this a moderated
mailing list or otherwise do something to keep the spam out.  Trust me,
the tight lid on job ads for BayPIGgies had little to do with the volume,
there have been too many other venues for job ads destroyed by idiots and
vandals.

For that reason, unless you really want to add post moderation to your
list of tasks, I think there's not much point in another mailing list.
Nobody is complaining about the volume of jobs currently on BayPIGgies,
and I think the jobs that people want that aren't allowed on this list
are available elsewhere.  Hrm, maybe the people wanting more job ads
should have the fun of moderating that list?

"I disrespectfully agree."  --SJM