[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Sat Jan 27 02:34:36 CET 2007

At 05:17 PM 1/26/2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>On 1/26/07, Dennis Reinhardt <DennisR at dair.com> wrote:
> > At 04:52 PM 1/26/2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> > >One benefit of a separate jobs mailing list is that it can be explicitly
> > >moderated.
> >
> > One non-benefit of a separate list is that you cannot realistically
> > subscribe to a job listing using your employer's computer.  The list
> > heading screams out "I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB".  If the Python list
> > comes in as one undifferentiated stream, you can peruse the lists with no
> > real fear of employer snooping.
>
>That's a pretty funny comment coming from you, Dennis ;)  Who exactly
>are you afraid of?  Aren't you self employed? ;)

Rather that "being afraid", consider that being self-employed allows me to
speak freely.  I made this comment on behalf of some who might have an
interest in looking around but prefer not leaving compromising records on
employer computers or elsewhere.

Know that I have about 40 years prior experience in being employed and so
my comments are not made in ignorance of job search environment.

As a sage once said, just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they
aren't out to get you  ;-)  FWIW, I did intend my comment to be serious.

Regards, Dennis