[Baypiggies] pre-registration for Baypiggies meeting

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:48:54 CEST 2007

Improving the signup is a good idea, but
quite a few members of the group have very strong feelings on
privacy and cookie collection, so commercial sites like meetup.com are
not going to fly. (People told me similar when I asked about
optionally using LinkedIn, facebook, evite etc.)

So a Plone replacement for the wiki sounds like the right way to go,
and a good DIY project. Authentication would be good.

It would be nice if the Plone allowed me to *optionally* link my identity to
an arbitrary URL(s) e.g. my LinkedIn page, and remembered that as well
as my location.
I think that solution is the best of all worlds.

(PS Quirk about the wiki: it always insists on attempting to hyperlink my
last name (and several other people's too) to a non-existent wiki page.
Leslie - can that annoyance be turned off?)

Stephen