[Baypiggies] Python Courses in the Bay Area

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:59:25 CEST 2007

> Can anyone make some recommendations for some entry level programming
> courses in the Bay Area... ideally in September, something short and
> intensive like Joel Burton's Plone Bootcamps, but for Python Programming?

john and everyone, i'd like to announce my final Python courses for 2007:

2 PYTHON COURSES THIS FALL WITH WESLEY CHUN

Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible? Come join
me, Wesley Chun, author of Prentice-Hall's well-received "Core Python
Programming," for another set of courses this Fall in beautiful Northern
California! This will be the final set for 2007... if you miss these,
you'll have to wait until Spring 2008. I look forward to meeting you!

(COMPREHENSIVE) INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON: Mon-Wed, 2007 Oct 8-10

This is an comprehensive introduction will immerse you in the world of
Python in only a few days.  It is directed towards those who have some
proficiency in another high-level language who need to learn Python as
quickly and as in-depth as possible.  The main goal of the course is to
show you more than just its syntax (which you don't really need a book
or a class to learn, right?). Knowing more about how Python works under
the covers, including the relationship between data objects and memory
management, will make you a much more effective Python programmer coming
out of the gate.  You will also get 3 hands-on labs a day to hammer the
concepts home.

$1295 per attendee (discounts available... see below)

INTERNET PROGRAMMING WITH PYTHON: Sat, 2007 Oct 13

This 1-day course will introduce current Python programmers to 3 distinct
areas of Internet programming, each in self-contained modules with a set
of lab exercises following each lecture topic:

    - Network Programming using Sockets
    - Internet Client Programming
    - Web/CGI Programming + Introduction to Django

$495 per attendee ($395 for those also attending the intro course)

WHERE: near the San Francisco Airport (SFO/San Bruno), CA, USA

WEB:   http://cyberwebconsulting.com (click "Python Training")

LOCALS: easy freeway (101/280/380) with lots of parking plus public
transit (BART and CalTrain) access via the San Bruno stations, easily
accessible from all parts of the Bay Area

VISITORS: free shuttle to/from the airport, free high-speed internet,
free breakfast and regular evening receptions; fully-equipped suites

DISCOUNTS: available for multiple registrations as well as teachers,
university staff, and students.

hope to see you there!
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com