[Baypiggies] Python course for non-programmer

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:58:50 CET 2007

> I've tried but I just get so distracted when reading tutorials online
> or any of the many Python books I own... I need a sit down and listen
> to an instructor course that'll teach me what I need in an immersing
> way.... does anyone know where a non-programmer can get such training?

donna,

this is a good question.  on the flip side, i've developed what i
think is a really good course called "Introduction to Programming".
there is a "(using Python)" at the end, but i feel that it is not as
much about Python as it is about programming in general.

the problem is that i've had no venue in order to deliver the course.
it's not something that i can just go and market, you know?  how do
you contact or reach non-programmers to tell them about a programming
class?  i can't very send anything to the mailing list or CLP, so most
technical folks *are* programmers!  so although i am ready to teach
such a course, i have yet to find a way to deliver it.

just go to the website below, and click "Python Training".  look for
the "Intro to Programming using Python" class and click once more to
get a course description.  maybe if i can find a place to announce
this to, i can actually hold this 2-day course!!

in a dilemma,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com