[Baypiggies] April Meeting Proposal - Ivan Krstić

Rand Bradley rbradley at projectway.com
Tue Mar 13 05:07:00 CET 2007

As everyone on the list is probably aware, Ivan Krstić gave an excellent
keynote talk at PyCon 2007 on the One Laptop per Child project (OLPC). I was
so impressed, I emailed Ivan to see if he or someone from the OLPC project
might be interested in speaking for SDForum's Emerging Technology SIG. I
also suggested Wednesday 4/11 if possible. Ivan wrote me back that he was
interested and  that Google also wanted him to give a technical talk in the
near future. He contacted Google with the proposed date and Google responded
positively. Ivan is available to speak on either 4/11 or 4/12. (I think he
is giving a private technical talk at Google on 4/12).

I would like to propose that we again hold a joint EMTECH/BayPiggies meeting
for April. The higher-ups for the EMTECH-SIG would like to keep the
scheduled day of Wednesday 4/11 for the event. It will be hard for me to get
EMTECH to move the date to 4/12. I would like to propose that BayPIGgies
host the event at Google, it Google is willing and can accommodate 4/11.

So, I have some questions for the group...

   1. Would BayPIGgies like to make this a joint EMTECH-SIG meeting?
   2. Is the 4/11/2007 date okay? Can BayPIGgies accommodate moving the
   April meeting forward by one day?
   3. Can we hold the event at Google on 4/11? How can we confirm? (Note
   we can use EMTECH-SIG location if necessary).

If the group is willing, can someone contact me to help coordinate the
event?

--
Regards,

Rand Bradley