[Baypiggies] April Meeting Proposal - Ivan Krstić

Rand Bradley rbradley at projectway.com
Sat Mar 17 17:06:29 CET 2007

Ivan is confirmed to speak on April 11. The EMTECH chairs are unwilling to
move the date to 4/12. Since Google facilities are not available, we will
hold the meeting at the EMTECH facility located at the Cubberley Community
Center. I will send out more meeting information to the group once I have
the talk synopsis from Ivan. I will work on getting the information together
next week.

On 3/17/07, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

> how's this coming along? will be/won't be?
>
> On Mar 12, 2007, at 8:07 PM, Rand Bradley wrote:
>
> > As everyone on the list is probably aware, Ivan Krstić gave an
> > excellent keynote talk at PyCon 2007 on the One Laptop per Child
> > project (OLPC). I was so impressed, I emailed  Ivan to see if he or
> > someone from the OLPC project might be interested in speaking for
> > SDForum's Emerging Technology SIG. I also suggested Wednesday 4/11 if
> > possible. Ivan wrote me back that he was interested and that Google
> > also wanted him to give a technical talk in the near future. He
> > contacted Google with the proposed date and Google responded
> > positively. Ivan is available to speak on either 4/11 or 4/12. (I
> > think he is giving a private technical talk at Google on 4/12).
> >
> > I would like to propose that we again hold a joint EMTECH/BayPiggies
> > meeting for April. The higher-ups for the EMTECH-SIG would like to
> > keep the scheduled day of Wednesday 4/11 for the event. It will be
> > hard for me to get EMTECH to move the date to 4/12. I would like to
> > propose that BayPIGgies host the event at Google, it Google is willing
> > and can accommodate 4/11.
> >
> > So, I have some questions for the group...
> >       1       Would BayPIGgies like to make this a joint EMTECH-SIG
> meeting?
> >       2       Is the 4/11/2007 date okay? Can BayPIGgies accommodate
> moving the
> > April meeting forward by one day?
> >       3       Can we hold the event at Google on 4/11? How can we
> confirm? (Note
> > we can use EMTECH-SIG location if necessary).
> > If the group is willing, can someone contact me to help coordinate the
> > event?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rand Bradley
> > Projectway, LLC
> > Phone:(415) 430-5535
> > Email: rbradley at projectway.com
> > http://
> > Baypiggies mailing list
> > Baypiggies at python.org
> > To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:

Regards,

Rand Bradley
Projectway, LLC
Phone:  (415) 430-5535