[Baypiggies] SPEAKERS NEEDED FOR APRIL [WAS April meeting query for you]

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 21:11:34 CET 2007

Jim & Anna,

Might I suggest this change of subject line to get more urgent attention
from people?
In the past people would have written "CANCEL APRIL MEETING?". That really
gets attention fast.
It usually inspires someone to volunteer something.

My personal preference would be that in the event nobody with anything
useful to present volunteers, we do the meet-and-greet.

>[Anna wrote] (Since our leadtime basically got derailed by the OLPC
>conversation this month..)
If someone is proposing a joint meeting, one of the first things to check is
whether they are willing to use the usual venue on the usual date and time.
Otherwise causes confusion.

(Also, can we please do what Dennis used to - don't just schedule the
current month, try to tentatively schedule 3 months out. (and post a compact
tentative 3-mth schedule when discussing scheduling). This means you always
have a backup.)

Anyway, back to April 12 meeting, if any.

Regards,
Stephen