[Baypiggies] Wesley's great Python book

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:04:29 CEST 2007

ken,

thanks for the pressure.  :-)  seriously, i think we have enough
material for a combo newbies nite + snippets.  in fact, i think we
shouold always do snippets when the talk schedule for any given
meeting evening isn't full.  they're a *good thing*, and there's
nothing like introducing python to all your curious friends and
coworkers, then showing them some magic incantations.

that's what i think... let's see what everyone's feedback is to jim.
my talks are best suited for "emergency evenings" when we really don't
have any plans or someone cancels at the last minute.  people have
expressed interest in more "tutorial-style" talks, so i would be glad
to contribute at those times. some folks already contributed some
snippets via the mailing list, so it would be interesting to hear
about that code as well as discuss them, i.e., tweaks, possible
refactorings, etc.

for ken and all newbies on this mailing list, a genuine WELCOME to
Python is in order!

cheers,
-wesley