[Baypiggies] lambda for newbies -- a true newbie question

Laurence Clark hsuclarklarry at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 05:18:48 CEST 2007

On 5/11/07, David Berthelot <d_berthelot at yahoo.com> wrote:
"I often use it to pass basic functions (that are so basic that keeping them unnamed is perfect) to other functions. If I have to name all those unnamed lambda functions to use them, that's going to be quite verbose, probably a bit too much."

Pardon the dumb question, but surely there must be some other way in
python to put little anonymous functions into expressions??
Some way to say:

my $hundreda = myaddfunction ( sub{return 99;}, 1);
my $hundredb = sub{return 99;}->() + 1;

Comments anyone?