[Baypiggies] Learning Python for a Quality Assurance Engineer

Carl J. Van Arsdall cvanarsdall at mvista.com
Wed May 16 18:00:52 CEST 2007

Samuel Safyan wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any schools in the Bay Area, particularly
> in the Peninsula, that teach Advanced Quality Assurance methodologies?
> I would be very much interested in taking a course in Python/Jython
> that trains students in various Testing tools (e.g. Grinder Load test)
> and writing your own Test Scripts (e.g. browsing sites using urllib2
> and comparing the HTML output).
> Thank you,
> Sam
> P.S. Even any good Quality Assurance related Python tutorial sites
> would be helpful.
Hey I don't know of any classes, but another technology you might want
to check out is called STAF (http://staf.sourceforge.net/index.php).  My
company uses a modified version of this in its test environment, and
others may as well.  Its not only python but python is definitely a part
of it.

HTH

-carl