[Baypiggies] Proposal for June meeting speaker--Collin Winter on unittest

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu May 17 03:47:48 CEST 2007

Proposal for the June meeting:
    Collin Winter is "interested in giving a talk during the June
BayPiggies meeting about my work to redesign Python's
unittest module. This would in essence be a preview of the
presentation I'll be giving at EuroPython 2007 on the same
topic.
    "I don't have my EuroPython abstract available from this
machine, buthere are two blog posts I've written about
test_harness (the unittest redesign)."
    http://oakwinter.com/code/motivation-for-rewriting-unittest/
    http://oakwinter.com/code/a-new-unittest/

What do you think?

Remember that Alex will present part 2 of his Python for
Programmers talk in July, i.e. newbies night part 2.

Wesley Chun has the following backup talk possibilities
that he can present on short notice:
- sockets and network programming
- internet client programming
- web/cgi programming
- programming microsoft office (win32 COM client programming)

jim