[Baypiggies] Recommendation for photo album

Ken Seehart ken at seehart.com
Sat Nov 3 23:07:52 CET 2007

What's the best tool for setting up a photo album?  I have the following
applications available: Zope, Plone, CherryPy, Django, Drupal, Pylons,
Rails, and TurboGears.  I've been using Zope and Plone for most things
so far, but I don't mind expanding a little.

I'm asking this here because I like the people and opinions of
BayPiggies, and I prefer a python bias in the answer to this question.

The main features I need are:

- Batch upload, or automatically use image files in the server
filesystem (I have lots of files, and I don't want to upload one at a time).

- Authenticated user should be able to conveniently edit captions
directly on the display page.

- Authenticated user should be able to conveniently select multiple
images to move to a different page.

- Fast learning curve.

- Pretty gui bells and whistles are nice.

Which tools are optimal for this kind of thing?

Thanks,
Ken Seehart