[Baypiggies] A marginally pythonic announcement

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Wed Oct 10 02:32:46 CEST 2007

def geeky_announcement():
    """A marginally pythonic announcement"""
    d = dict(
            "What do you call a Python programmer?\t"
            "Name a programming language other than Python\t"
        my_email=''.join([chr(i) for i in [
        sep='*' * 65,
    d['verb'] = raw_input(
        "What do '%s' programmers do when no one is looking?\t" \
        % d['non_py_lang']

    msg = """

I wanted to let the folks on the list know about an upcoming
office rental opportunity.  The office/room next to mine may
be available soon (probably Nov 1).  There are two
"Independent Contractor" %(py_ist)ss here now.  I've heard
that %(non_py_lang)s programmers are at times known to
%(verb)s, so I think it would be awesome to have another
%(py_ist)s rent the room next door.

The office building is very near the Glenn Park BART station
in San Francisco.  It's a converted mixed use building that
now has two three-room offices above and a coffee shop below.

If you are interested, contact me off-list

    print msg % d