[Baypiggies] Cisco/IronPort opportunities

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:47:00 CEST 2007

Good catch, Rick.

Catherine, it's best to state how Python will be used when posting a
job posting to this list.  The job ad policy is here:
http://baypiggies.net/jobs.html.

However, I know from my experience working at IronPort, that almost
all of these jobs are for Python coders.  IronPort is a great place to
work, and it's probably one of the largest Python shops in the Bay
area.

Best Regards,
-jj

On 10/10/07, Rick Kwan <kenobi at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I'm happy to see that Cisco has an interest in BayPiggies, I did
> not see the word "Python" in the announcement.  Then I remembered that
> IronPort makes extensive use of Python.  So I'm somewhat inclined to
> give them the benefit of the doubt.  But we don't know that about
> every potential employer that attempts to post here.
>
> Is it fair to assume that all the posted positions for IronPort in San
> Bruno are Python-related?
>
> --Rick Kwan
>   (happily employed in a Python job elsewhere)
>
> On 10/10/07, Catherine Paradiso -X (caparadi - Spherion at Cisco)
> <caparadi at cisco.com> wrote:
> >

> > It's an  exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect
> >
> > people to the network and make  it come to life.
> >

> (...snipped....)

I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/