[Baypiggies] concurrency, parallelism, python future

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Sep 15 02:03:55 CEST 2007

Per GvR:
Read this:
http://marknelson.us/2007/07/30/multicore-panic/

    Various industry mags have articles warning that
future multi-core chips and systems on the PCB level
with multiple CPUs will outstrip the tools, languages,
OS capabilities, mindsets of software developers.
    My guess is that after the OS brains have somewhat
settled on an approach, then the language brains will
tune in--i.e. there's some wisdom in waiting to see
how the OS presents the hardware.
    But it seems a fun discussion.

    I offer this email as a basis for continued discussion
and ask if you think this topic might make a good
bayPIGgies meeting topic, perhaps in the form of a
panel.