[Baypiggies] concurrency talk

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Sep 18 02:27:10 CEST 2007

Possibly, but it *is* quite a change in topic. The discussions that
lead us here all got started by the desire to use multiple cores on a
single box, and the solutions suggested (from removing the GIL to
Erlang-style lightweight processes) are all geared towards that
scenario, and not towards distributed computing. The latter will
always scale to much larger jobs, but will also always be much more
painful to program.