[Baypiggies] QCon - introducing a new software developers conference

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Sep 27 17:14:47 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007, wesley chun wrote:

> it's possible that aahz blocked her, as seen in this msg sent only to
> list admins:
>
> On 9/26/07, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007, Liv Beswick Skov wrote:
>>> I tried subscribing to your mailing list, but I couldn't find a way to
>>> submit the news about the conference? Do I send a e-mail with the
>>> information to baypiggies at python.org?
>>
>> Correct.  It should be Python-related (I'll assume that you're local
>> given your address in Palo Alto.)
>
> if aahz blocked her, then it's possible that she sent someone to
> harvest the BayPIGgies archives to build the entire list of anyone who
> has ever sent a msg to the list.

Nope -- looked like she was trying to be polite; I had no clue that
she'd spam like that.  AFAICT, because Mailman blocked the message due
to too many cc's, the only people who have seen this are those who were
directly cc'd -- Alex's message was the first that made it the list.

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.