[Baypiggies] daemonize

Keith Dart keith at dartworks.biz
Sat Apr 5 09:51:18 CEST 2008

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

> The Python Cookbook has a pretty good module for daemonizing a
> process.  It's not something that's likely to change, since this
> procedure has been the same for a decade or longer.  Has anyone
> brought up the idea of including it in the standard library?  I'm
> actually pretty surprised it's not there already.

I thought about it... but... how much trouble is it to get something into
the standard library these days?

For me, there is no need since I have one in my own library collection,
among others. However, with cheeseshop and setuptools getting better it
makes the standard library less important. Just "easy_install" some
package and you've got it.

So, the question I have is it even worth it to add anything to the
standard library?

--
    Keith Dart <keith at dartworks.biz>