[Baypiggies] Google AppEngine Templates

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh at cafepy.com
Thu Apr 10 23:45:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:31 PM, David Cramer <dcramer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just more curious as to why Django is an included default (at least
> that seems to be my understanding).

Based on the examples I see in the docs, there is no default really - you
have to return the HTML (or plain text) as a string from a python function.
You can instead use a function to render a django template - django is just
included as a bonus. If you want to use another library to generate the
string, you can just upload it.

As to why django was included but not <your fav templating library> - I'm
not sure, you might want to ask on the appengine group instead. I'm guessing
they wanted to have at least one templating library to make it easier for
people who don't care that much  (and django has a pretty big mindshare
currently).

Shalabh